Let’s all give a loud and collective cheer. We have made it through Qualifying Round One holding on to our 1st place ranking all 15 days!!
And . . . THANKS to all of your votes and support we now get to bypass the next two voting rounds and advance straight through to the Semi-Final round of the Aviva Community Fund competition. Our final total of votes in this round was well over 23,000 with supporters casting votes from across this great province and country. WOW!! You are all amazing!!
There is just one semi-final round and it will take place from December 3 – December 13. This round will also be decided upon online votes as we are now one of the top 90 ideas in Canada. We will once again be vying for all of your votes and support during this Semi-final time in order to advance to the Final competition where winners will be decided upon by a panel of judges. For all the latest updates and voting information please continue to follow us on:
1. This blog: www.chasekraynickpayitforward.wordpress.com
2. Twitter: @ChaseItForward
3. Facebook: Chase Kraynick Memorial Community Splash Park at: http://www.facebook.com/ChaseKraynickMemorialCommunitySplashPark
But before we get ahead of ourselves we do have quite the list of people to thank who have been instrumental in supporting us all along the way through Round One of this competition. Our deepest and heartfelt thanks are extended to the following:
1. First and foremost we MUST say a huge THANK-YOU to every single person from this community, this province, and from across this country who registered with Aviva to vote for our project idea! It is because of you that we have made it this far and we truly hope that we can once again count on your votes in the Semi-Final round!!
2. Our closest Cheerleaders –ALL Family, friends, and the Kowlyshen girls :-)! We love you all!
3. Canora Junior Elementary School and Canora Composite High School – Teachers, students, staff, and parents
4. Teachers Leona, Simmone, and Robin for donating their time to offer after-school computer classes to those who do not have access and wanted to vote.
5. Our Supporting Brokers throughout the competition:
– Dave Nussbaumer at Farrell Agencies, Ltd. (Yorkton, SK and Foam Lake, SK)
– Western Financial Group – Network (Yorkton, SK)
– Hub International (Chilliwack, BC and Edmonton, AB)
– Crawford and Danyluk Insurance Broker (Delaware, ON)
– Birkett-Hassard Insurance Brokers, Ltd. (Stouffville, ON)
6. Eugene Keyowski at Canora Equipment Rentals – for providing the promotional sign and waving its rental
7. The Canora Courier and Gary Lewchuk – For writing and printing articles and information informing the public about the competition, its rules and guidelines
8. Nehaj Enterprises – supplying the plywood backings for our billboards
9. Julie Mireau – For shooting and producing our projects Aviva video
10. Aviva Video contributors and community supporters – Your support in the video means so much to us all.
11. MLA for the Canora/Pelly Constituency – Ken Krawetz
12. Larger organizations who were a part of our voting campaign included: Saskatchewan Ministry of Agriculture, Saskatchewan Ministry of Environment, Good Spirit School Division, Regina Public Schools, Christ The Teacher Catholic School Division, Canadian Military, RCMP, CanAM and DooTalk online subscribers, and The Regina Qu’appelle and Sunrise Health Districts.
13. Local Businesses who were a part of our voting campaign included: Canora Childrens Center, Raymond’s Restaurant, The Blend Salon, Community Insurance, D.R. Auto Extras, and Canora Gateway Co-op
14. Media Coverage:
– Radio promo spots and/or interviews – GX94, The Fox, The Rock, CBC Radio Regina – Afternoon Edition, News Talk 980 Regina and News Talk 950 Saskatoon
– TV interviews – CTV News at Noon and a CTV Saturday Feature Story
15. Our Twitter Master – Darla Webster
Words cannot express our appreciation to every single person who had something to do with our advancement in the copetition. The danger of listing our Thank-You’s at this time is that we don’t want to forget about anyone. If we have . . . please forgive us.
We will be back in touch with you all with more information about the Semi-Finals as we get closer to December. Until then please continue to enjoy more inspirational Pay It Forward stories on this blog.
Chase Made a Difference . . . and with a collective effort in the Semi-Finals we all will make a difference too!!