It’s Official…We are in the AVIVA FINALS !!!!!!
Let’s all give a loud and collective cheer….we have done it SASKATCHEWAN!!! We have made it through Qualifying Round One AND the Semi-Final round of the AVIVA Community Fund Competition!!!!! WOW this is BIG!!!! I am so blessed to have all of your support to get us this far in the game. Now it is all up to the judges in this FINAL round to decide on what they feel is the most worthy project of a terrific sum of money to help make the dreams and possibilities of one deserving community come true.
We have had such a terrific time competing in this AVIVA Community Fund Competition!!! It was exciting, nerve wracking, and with all the support shown via your votes, it reinforced the idea that Chase truly did make a difference. Thank you to everybody who is helping us in our healing journey. I have to admit that I was glued to the computer watching the votes over the entire 10 days of voting!!!!
Our final total of votes in the semi-final round was just under 17,000 over the 10 days. How terrific is that??? We are entered into the medium category and are being judged against 9 other projects. If the AVIVA Judges vote in our favor, we can have the splash park built quite easily this coming spring!
But before we get ahead of ourselves we do have quite the list of people to thank who have been instrumental in supporting us all along the way. Our deepest and heartfelt thanks are extended to the following:
- First and foremost we MUST say a huge THANK-YOU to every single person from this community, this province, and from across this country who registered with Aviva to vote for our project idea! It is because of you that we have made it this far in a National competition.
- Our closest Cheerleaders –ALL Family, friends, and facebookers who kept on reminding everyone to vote! We love you all!
- Our Supporting Brokers throughout the competition:
- Dave Nussbaumer and Jason Forwood at Farrell Agencies, Ltd. (Yorkton, SK and Foam Lake, SK) for helping us with our submission, campaign, video and all the extra coaching throughout the competition!! You guys are AWESOME!
- Western Financial Group – Network (Yorkton, SK)
- Hub International (Chilliwack, BC and Edmonton, AB)
- Crawford and Danyluk Insurance Broker (Delaware, ON)
- Birkett-Hassard Insurance Brokers, Ltd. (Stouffville, ON)
- My talented sisters Shawna and Naomi –Shawna posted our blogs daily keeping everyone informed on the competition and as well as writing and keeping up with all the “Pay it Forward” Inspirational Stories . . . and Naomi for helping me with the Facebook page!!!
- Mike Stackhouse and Cyndy Appell Mundt – for “Paying it Forward” and purchasing the PIF cards for the Santa Clause Parade and the Winter Lights Festival Parade.
- Eugene Keyowski at Canora Equipment Rentals – for providing the promotional sign and waving its rental
- The Canora Courier and Gary Lewchuk – For writing and printing articles and information informing the public about the competition, its rules and guidelines
- Ken Kravetz, Terry Dennis, Julie Mireau – for helping us develop, shoot and produce the AVIVA video submission. IT ROCKED!!!
- MLA for the Canora/Pelly Constituency Ken Kravetz and Assistant Carol Sleeva – For making a member statement in the Legislative Assembly asking for the province to support our project. Your sincerity and thoughtfulness meant the world to our family! Also thank you for including the AVIVA voting information in the constituency newsletter.
- Larger organizations – who were a part of our voting campaign included: Saskatchewan Ministry of Agriculture, Saskatchewan Ministry of Environment, Good Spirit School Division, Regina Public Schools, Christ The Teacher Catholic School Division, Canadian Military, RCMP, CanAM and DooTalk online subscribers, and The Regina Qu’appelle and Sunrise Health Districts.
- Local Businesses – who were a part of our voting campaign included: Crumbs Diner, Mr. Mikes Restaurant, Walmart, Canora Children’s Center, Gabano’s Pizza, Canora Fitness Station, Zeke’s Bar and Grill, Canora Hotel, The Blend Salon, Community Insurance, D.R. Auto Extras and Canora Gateway Co-op
- Media Coverage:
- Radio: Two live-on-location radio morning shows with 98.5FM The Rock and 94.1FM The Fox, all the promo spots and/or interviews – GX94, The Fox, The Rock, CBC Radio Regina – Afternoon Edition, News Talk 980 Regina and News Talk 950 Saskatoon
- TV interviews: CTV News at Noon and a CTV Feature Stories
- Our Twitter Master – Darla Webster
Words cannot express our appreciation to every single person who had something to do with our advancement in the competition. The danger of listing our Thank-You’s at this time is that we don’t want to forget about anyone. If we have . . . please forgive us.
We hope we can announce a BIG WIN for January 29th, 2013 so stay tuned. We look forward to building this splash park in memory of Chase regardless of the outcome of this competition. In the meantime continue to “Pay it Forward” and find ways to make a difference.
Chase Made A Difference . . . Will You?
Submitted by Chase’s mom – Rachel Kraynick