Well folks… Yorkton Plumbing and Heating wasted no time in getting involved with the Splash Park! Not only were they one of the first businesses to step up to the plate, months ago, to “Pay it Forward” to Canora by volunteering their time and supplies for the project, but they were eager to get in and do their job this past week! Curtis Krotenko and his family joined us on the AVIVA Float during the Winter Lights Festival in Canora and since Kurtis works at Yorkton Plumbing and Heating, he was sporting his AVIVA T-shirt on the worksite!!! 🙂 Gotta love that!
- Nejah Building delivered the shed where the plumbing and electrical units will be housed. The shed will be fully assembled and sided shortly.
- Yorkton Plumbing and Heating started Monday and will be wrapped up this Wednesday morning (providing no rain comes our way)
- We have ordered the picnic tables, benches, bike rack and a garbage can for the splash park
- We are currently working on the signage for the park
- Jerry Gabora with Gabora Electric has done his site inspection and is the next contractor to work at the site. He is ready to go and we are excited to have his company be part of our project!
- After the electrical is completed, the gravel will be brought in and that’s when we need all you volunteers to bring your shovels, wheelbarrows, rakes and muscles to help spread it all into place!! (PLEASE STAY POSTED FOR THOSE DETAILS TO COME)
We are attempting to have everything in place for a MID-JULY GRAND OPENING!!! So stay tuned!! As soon as we make final arrangements for this special day, an official announcement will come out to you via this blog!! We are so excited for that day to arrive, but in the meantime we would love to hear more of your Pay It Forward stories so that we can share them with others. So . . . the questions of the day are … Did you find a way to pay it forward to today? If so, what did you do? How did your act of kindness affect that person? How did your act of kindness make a difference?
Chase Made A Difference . . . Will You?