These are the kinds of emails we love to find in our INBOX, coming back to reality, after a winter holiday break. Today’s Pay It Forward story comes to us from Yorkton, SK and is one that not only caught our attention but gives us all a wonderful anniversary “date” idea. In fact it is an idea so great … that we challenge you all to try it out on your very own special “Anniversary Date Night” this year. Be sure to let us know how it turned out. It may take a bit of pre-planning but really shows the kindness of heart and generosity of spirit that the Pay it Forward philosophy is truly all about.
Happy Monday everyone and enjoy the read!
My name is Krista and I grew up in Canora and now live in Yorkton with my husband and 3 children. We heard of Chase’s death and were overcome with grief for your family. Having children ages 5, 3 and we cannot imagine what you all have had to walk through.
I am writing because we found your pay it forward cards and decided that today, on our 10th wedding anniversary, that we would use your concept and think of 10 random acts of kindness we could do on our date tonight. So here’s what we did!
1. I made homemade popcorn cake and gave it to my husbands’ coworker as a special treat this holiday season.
2. Gave homemade bread and goodies to a young family that the mom just had surgery on Christmas day.
3. Gave chocolates to our UPS delivery guy with a thank you card for his work.
4. Gave a Tim’s gift card to our awesome Sunday School teachers at our church along with a thank you card.
5. Gave chocolates and Tim gift card to a friend whom had a rough Christmas and needed some cheering up.
6. Left a random thank you card in a mailbox of a house that had spectacular Christmas lights.
7. Left our waitress a thank you card for her great work along with an awesome tip.
8. Gave goodies to a friend that just blesses us a lot!.
9. Gave a police officer couple some goodies and Tim’s gift card, along with a thank you card for protecting us and to let them know they are appreciated.
10. Paid for the car behind us in the drive through at Tim Horton’s.
In some of these, we left Chase’s Pay It Forward card in the cards we gave in hope the trend will continue. Thanks for the great idea and seriously the best anniversary we’ve ever had!
Chase Made a Difference . . . Will You?