Blake and Sandy Zielinski are the owner/operators of Zeke’s Grill and Lounge located in Mikado, SK which is just 8 miles east of Canora on HWY #5. They converted the old Mikado Curling Rink into one of the most popular restaurant and lounges in the area. They always serve up the most mouth-watering dishes and have become famous for serving up the “Dirty Burger” for those with BIG APPETITES! Not only have they become one of the most popular hang outs and restaurants in the area, but they are often found to be hosting events which all the neighboring communities flock to.
On Friday, October 26, 2012, Zeke’s organized a Fundraising Soiree for the Chase Kraynick “Pay it Forward” Splash Park. They invited 4 different businesses to compete in a bartenders challenge along with organizing a 50/50 raffle and a Chinese auction. The four businesses that entered were OK Tire from Canora, Flaman Sales from Yorkton, Community Insurance in Canora and Richardson Pioneer in Canora. Each business was responsible for providing a guest bartender and a team of at least 10 people. Bartenders tended bar and competed in challenges, dancing and twisting, building lego and swinging bananas. Team members challenged each other to hilarious games of chance, skill and technique in a race to earn the most “tips” for the Chase Kraynick “Pay It Forward” Splash Park Project. I want to personally thank everyone for taking part in this fundraiser and helping us get one step closer to building the splash park.
Below are the results from the evening:
- The top tip earner and winning team for the night was OK Tire of Canora, topping out their tips for the evening at $232.74! Way to go OK Tire! The grand total of tips earned by all the guest bartenders and their teams for the night was $649.77.
- Our 50/50 raffle winner was Mr. Craig Walsh of Richardson Pioneer. Mr. Walsh went home with a smooth $215 in his pocket 🙂 and, of course, another $215 was added to our “pot” for the evening.
- Our Chinese Raffle garnered another $260. Congrats to all the winners and a huge thanks to those who donated: Brandi at the Flower Mill, Jessica at the Blend, Stephanie Leniczek, the Kamsack Arts Council, Sarah Fougere and Zeke’s Grill & Lounge.
- And as promised, Zeke’s will be donating 10% of the evening’s “beverage” sales, a cool $211.85 , into the pot, as well.
- So $649.77 + $215 + $260 + $211.85 = 1336.62 🙂 What a wonderful evening of support! Thanks to all who participated and attended this.
Now, last but not least, one more shout out to OK Tire. When our winning team received their grand prize of $200 Zeke Dollars, they immediately turned around and donated their winnings straight back into the pot! Thanks so much guys! Making our grand total for the evening a whopping $1536.62! Crazy!!
And folks, it doesn’t stop here! Zeke’s also has been running a “Paying it Forward is as Easy as Pie” campaign which donated $1.00 from every dessert sold at the restaurant to the park. October’s Easy as pie campaign raised $270.
I would like to sincerely thank Zeke’s management and staff for all of their creativity and spirit of generosity in organizing and hosting this terrific fundraising event. Please check out Zeke’s facebook page for a listing of upcoming events and new menu items at https://www.facebook.com/ZekesGrillandLounge or call 563-4955 to make your reservation today!
Chase Made A Difference … Will You?
Story submitted by: Rachel Kraynick (Chase’s mom)